Saturday, March 16, 2013

My new RSS setup after the death of Google Reader


My setup for now, so far working very well.

FeedaFever on my server (I love owning my own data!)
Reeder iOS app on the iPhone and I'm hoping the Reeder dev adds FeedaFever support for Reeder on iPad and Mac soon.

Fever has a usable web interface on both iPad and iPhone if you don't have a native app but Reeder is the gold standard on iOS for an RSS reader.

Alternative iPhone app choice for FeedaFever: Sunstroke

Some alternatives I looked at and still might use down the road are NewsBlur and Feedly.
NewsBlur is hosted with free accounts or premium accounts and if you want it's open source so you can download and run your own server.

Feedly looks nice also but I'm not used to the layout/setup yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment